Saturday, July 26, 2008

Lauren and Michael Sneak-Peek

My computer is finally back up and running, but it looks like my old hard drive data is gone for good (or, are gone for good? Data is plural, right?) Good thing I'm OCD about backing stuff up! The only major things I lost are all my old emails and my calendar, but after a week of not knowing whether I was coming or going, I've got everything pretty much re-scheduled. I'm super sad about my emails, though; I save absolutely everything in email file folders. Not just client correspondence, but also emails and letters to and from friends during different periods of my life--like my first pregnancy, for example. My emails with friends have served as a journal of my life for the last 5 years at least, and losing them is almost like losing a trunk full of precious photographs or something. Well, live and learn...a bit bittersweet.

Ok, on to the real business at hand :) As I mentioned in my previous post, being without my computer for a week has put me a bit behind, but I'm working like crazy to catch up, so hopefully I won't end up too far off schedule. My beautiful June 21st bride, Lauren, was in touch today, so I thought I'd put up a quick shot to hopefully tide her over for just a bit longer. Lauren was one of the most gorgeous brides I think I've ever had the pleasure to photograph, her dress was to die for, but best of all, her attitude on the day of her wedding was just as carefree and happy as a girl could be. She, Michael, and all their family and friends were an absolute joy to work with, on top of the fact that everybody was so darn good looking!

So here is one of my favorite shots from their wedding, in both black and white and color. I keep going back and forth between which I like better. What do you all think?

Lauren, more to come soon, I promise! Also David and Liz, and several others! I think I have the best clients in the whole world. Part of what is so wonderful about providing a boutique service is the opportunity to form a real relationship with the wonderful couples and families I serve!



5 comments:

Krystal Mann :: Mint & Sage said...

I think that's a tough call, but overall I think the BW wins out for me because it draws the eye to the emotion between them. Just my opinion. Great shot! :)

Misty Dawn Photography said...

Gorgeous rim lighting! I think the B&W takes the cake for me too because it focuses your eye more on their connection and the amazing lighting.

Anonymous said...

oooh...tough choice. I love the yummy warmth of the lighting in the second one, but I think the bw wins overall.

metrophoto said...

I'm going for the colored one - I love the warm feel and the flare in the photo. Although both are superb ;)

-oly

Steph said...

I vote black & white! Gorgeous!