Saturday, November 3, 2007

And Now For Something Completely Different...

Hooray! It is official. Ryan and I have put a deposit on our new studio space in the new Mellwood Art Center. It used to be the Fisher Bacon plant, but they've gutted it and are turning it into an amazing space for art studios, shops, event areas (meetings, receptions), restaurants, you name it. Our space will also serve as the official headquarters of the Louisville Photography Collective. I'm so excited to be a part of this awesome new project! Ryan and I plan on selling our fine art prints, as well as it being a quiet place to work if I need it, a place to meet clients, and best of all, a place to entertain during the monthly trolley hops. We are planning a cocktail party once we get it set up. We are due to take possession of our space Nov. 15, and of course I've got 10 million things to get done before then.





I don't have a picture of our space yet (brought the camera minus the memory card that day, duh), but on another scouting trip before we finalized the deal I had it with me. We did a bit of urban exploring into the parts of the building that have yet to be refinished. Pretty darn cool. Some parts of it even still smell like bacon :) I love bacon.




So here are a few shots from the spooky parts of the building (wish I'd had a wide angle with me; had to make do with the 50 mm):
This weird heavy metal door went up a narrow staircase to what used to be a locker room
This was Moe's locker
Here's goofy me in a yucky old mirror
The peeling paint made an interesting texture



I think this is one of the huge old cooler rooms. There are a bunch of these; this place is HUGE. They've redone a couple of these rooms on the first floor for reception halls and they are beautiful. This one is still pretty creepy though :)

Anyway, I'll get some shots of our actual space next time I get down there, hopefully this coming week.

No comments: